Lately I have been thinking about a depth of of forgiveness that goes clear back to Adam and Eve. I am influenced by this scripture.
- Ephesians 1:3
He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons.
- Gods love for us dates back to the time before our world was founded. That encourages me to think of things way back in time. I am not using this text for a proof text. I am only saying my imagination wants to make take a trip back in time seeking a universal forgiveness. In a way I am enjoying expanding forgiveness for all who have wounded me that may be fanciful but it is beautiful.
- Now I turn back in time. There must have been deep wounds in my mom caused by people in her early life. Let’s say there are 12 such people. Now each of those wounding people had close people that wounded them. Lets say each of them that were wounded had 12 people that were wounding to them that contributed to the painful they inflicted on my mom. By now we are back maybe 70 years.
- In that way we work our way back through generation after generation. May be now we are back to people that lived in Europe. we then go back through generation by generation an exploding number of people who wounded those that wounded my mom and then to her wounding me.
- I want to ask God to give me the heart and power of Jesus to slice back in time with desire to forgive and forgive until by the Holy Spirit I forgive Adam and Eve for their part in sin that ended up hurting me all those millenniums later
- I enjoy very much of pushing back in time as far as I can giving the heart and love of Jesus through forgiveness It fills me with beautiful peace and joy. I am not offering my readers theology. I only want to share something that means a lot to me a forgiveness through all the generations
- As I have so often said. One of the features of our civilization is that we are never very far from a trash can. Feel free to throw these fantasies in the nearest one if you want to.